As a user we also do not like to give personal informations and we don’t want to see our informations collected without knowing what will going to happen to those datas. RADYO has been alive with the support and trust of it’s users. We want to keep the trust; you can find all the details about the data usage below.
You are required to use the latest version to always stay in sync. We may make changes in the policy so you must check it periodically.
RADYO does collect anonymous usage data. This data does not include your original device identification numbers, your real personality or your personal data if it’s not directly given by you in an open form.
RADYO can not access to your real information and your purchases or any other action may not be restored without associating purchases with some information. This is why it is recommended to fill the registration form in the application. That form contains personal information which helps us contact the user easily, help quickly and solve possible licensing problems.
In some cases, a sponsor/3rd party may let you use the paid features of RADYO for free and in that case, some data about you or your usage may be shared to these 3rd parties. If you have given such information, please check these 3rd parties (where applicable) for their additional privacy policies.
Usage / interactions in the application are used to determine what stations is being listed at most and which functions attracts the most attention so we can improve those sections. This information also allows us to be able to serve better features like listing most popular stations according to a specific region.
These datas may be used to serve additional services to 3rd parties like station statistics. NONE of these services will include sensitive information/personally identifying data if not permitted by you.
Data collected in RADYO:
– Some hardware and software identifiers which do not include the original data but some modified form of it. So your original MAC ID or any other sensitive information is not transferred or recorded, even the platform allows it or not.
– IP address is saved. IP addresses are already available to any computer or website when you visit them. So this is not an extraordinary process.
– Language preferences and region selection are saved.
– Actions like listening to stations and many other interactions in the application are saved. Saved data is sent to remote server from time to time.
In some cases RADYO may communicate directly with a 3rd party server to obtain latest data for display within the app (such as rss feeds, artist/song images and informations) . When this happens – we don’t transmit any data about you or your usage to these 3rd parties except where explicitly stated. Please check these 3rd parties (where applicable) for their additional privacy policies.
Data collected by 3rd parties:
We use Google AdMob for advertisement services and they collect information to serve the ads. Even though we setup ads service to show non-personalized ads by default. You may be able to change that preference. According to this 3rd party, even though it will not track you when non-personalized ads are shown, it mentions that it will still keep some sort of id, so it may still track you in a limited way to perform required and functional operations related to showing ads. According to their policy, currently this is what they are collecting:
- “IP address, which may be used to estimate the general location of a device.
- Non-user related crash logs, which may be used to diagnose problems and improve the SDK. Diagnostic information may also be used for advertising and analytics purposes.
- User-associated performance data such as app launch time, hang rate, or energy usage, which may be used to evaluate user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing product features, and plan new features. Performance data may also be used for displaying ads, including sharing with other entities that display ads.
- A Device ID such as the device’s advertising identifier or other app-bounded device identifiers, which may be used for the purpose of third-party advertising and analytics.
- Advertising data, such as advertisements the user has seen, may be used to power analytics and advertising features.
- Other user product interactions like app launch taps, and interaction information, like video views, may be used to improve advertising performance.”
You must read Google policies listed below, have information about their policies and how those policies may affect your usage of this app and you must accept the policies as we use Google services too.
( Original Link: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/data-disclosure )
( https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/ )
( https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en )
( https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites )
In addition to advertisement provider, your data may be kept by our server or by the server provider for legal reasons.
In certain versions of the app, you may notice SHOUTcast support. If you use those sections, you will be connecting to 3rd party servers and they will be able to know that you connected to their server, so they can keep your ip. As we do not have access to their servers, we cannot intervene. If you do not want this scenario, do not use those features or sections.
Stations broadcast on their own. This app is just a player and you will be connecting to the server of the station you want to listen to. So, they can technically know that you connected to them. If you do not want this scenario, you must not try to listen the stations you don’t want them to see your connection.
If you have any questions on our privacy policies or wish to report a complaint – please use the contact form to reach us. Even though we do not normally keep sensitive information, you can still contact us and ask us to check if we have anything related to you and you can request us to delete those information (even though we probably will not have any).
If you use the contact forms on this site, you will be willingly providing whatever information you want to share with us, in addition to your ip address. At least to be able to reply to you, we may have to keep the data until we completely finalize the reason for your message/request and/or until we see no legal reasons or other reasons those may require us to keep these information further. You can contact us later again to learn if we still keep your information, if we used it anywhere meanwhile and you can request us to delete those information; but we probably won’t have anything related to you as we won’t be keeping your data. By the way, if you think that we may need to keep your information for a longer period of time, include that request in your message and the reason for it.
You will be allowing us to reply to you by supplying your email address, about your request.
You must be an adult to fill these forms; if you are not, request help from your parent. If you are a parent and think that your child has provided some information, you must notify us so we can delete it as soon as possible. We do and will not use, store, process data from children knowingly.
If you are not satisfied, if you do not want us to keep the information mentioned above and if it is not really required to contact us, do not contact us.
If you still want to contact us, to minimize the information you share with us:
- Do not use an email address that exposes your fullname.
- Use a VPN or proxy service to hide your ip address (but this may sometimes prevent us from helping you as we may need your ip for legal or administrative reasons).
- Do not provide more than enough information and do not give any private/personally identifying information.
- Try to be as anonymous as possible. We will not share your information with anyone else without asking you first again, except required legal cases.